Further to the events sponsorship communication shared previously, below please read the communication received from WESGRO regarding the updated regional events sponsorship for actual events taking place between October 2020 and March 2021
PLEASE NOTE: The last communication was for “Virtual Event Support” and this communication is for “Actual Event Support”.
Wesgro has noted with great concern the negative impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on leisure and business events in Cape Town and the Western Cape.
We would like to commend you for your positive response to the necessary regulations put in place by South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, limiting the number of people attending public gatherings over this period.
We do, however, understand how these regulations will impact on event organisers – as well as their staff and the regions in which they take place – and as such Wesgro will continue to support regional events as part of the COVID-19 Recovery Plan. We fully understand just how important these events are in attracting visitors to the province and profiling the destination.
Wesgro will be extending its call to for applications by events organisers for events taking place between October 2020 and March 2021.
How to apply:
- Complete the attached Event Application Form
- Complete the attached Events Loading Template – if you want your event to be listed on www.wesgro.co.za/events
- Attach detailed event proposal – (event profile, event promotion plans, stats of the previous event)
- Endorsement letter from your Regional or Local Tourism Organisation.
- Attach 2 photos or images of the previous event in JPEG format
Event Applications must be sent to Linda Mase via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday, 25 May 2020.
For more information and assistance please contact Linda Mase on 082 334 3197.